In our initial comparison of the Visa Black Card and American Express Centurion Card we noted material types; Outside of card types the things that stand out are, how hard is this card to get (e.g. is it truly exclusive?) , and what real benefits does it offer? The the main things that stands out is the concierge service, but we have yet to see what this can deliver. Visa lists the following, but as with any concierge it’s defendant on the actual service, both American Express tout. American Express Centurion Concierge has been in business since 1999, over 9 years.
You can go to the American Express Concierge Travel Insights Site for more detail on the black card, such as where Centurion Cardholders like to eat when they are in New York.
Or you can go to Visa’s Black Card Site with the details below.
Here’s what Visa cites as examples of Concierge abilities.
Entertainment Planning (Information, Referrals, Reservations, Ticketing)
- Recommended Restaurants
- Health clubs
- Sports entertainment events
- Golf Tee Time
- Shopping locationsBusiness Services (Referrals & Arrangements)
- Conference service
- Emergency translation services via phone
- Computer rental, audio/visual equipment
- Message service
- Foreign protocol informationTravel Information and Assistance (Referrals/Recommendations, Reservations)
- Weather forecasts/ATM locations
- VISA passport locations
- Customs, duties and information
- Mass transportation information and schedules
- Hotel information
- Mail/fax destination package
- Car rentals, limousine & car service information
- Flight information and ticketingCountry and City Information
- Festivals/museum/music entertainment information
- Time/hours/holidays information
- Tourist information
- Shopping informationGift Arrangements
- Gift baskets
- Floral arrangements
- Specific gifts (as requested)
- Special occasion gift recommendationsSpecialty Services
- Assistance with location and purchase of specialty items.
- For example:
- Rare books or records;
- Unusual household items;
- And referrals to specialty services such as dog groomers, tailors and doll makers
- Hard to find items; special research; specialty shopping